CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Ephesians 2:8-10, NIV

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Looking Back

Today is what would have been my twelve year anniversary.  To say that I am sad and lonely is, you could say, an understatement.  However, it is only a part of how I feel.  A tiny, small, not-so-miniscule part of how I feel.  I am also thankful and at peace.  I am thankful for friends and family that have stuck by me and helped me get through the past two and a half years.  I am at peace, knowing in my heart that I am where God has wanted me to be.  I know that I am here for a reason, and that this has been part of my path.

I know that all that I am feeling, or that I have felt, are parts of who I am.  The good parts and the bad parts.  I also know that there are things that I need to work on, and things that only I can fix about myself.  The anger, the tears, the bitterness, the loneliness, that was all a part of Gods plan, and stuff I had to go through to make me who I am today. I am still not done growing in Christ, and honestly, I hope that I can continue to grow -- As a woman, as a Christian, as a Sister, a friend, a daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment